Self-Assessment for directors

As a company director you are required, by HMRC, to register for self-assessment in order to file a tax return. Directors need to pay National Insurance Contributions and Income Tax on all taxable income above any personal allowances. Directors can use the following link to apply for self-assessment After completing the application, HMRC will send you your Unique Tax Payer Reference (UTR). Tax returns need to be filed by the 31st of January each year (if done online). Paper returns are usually due on the 31st of October each year. Feel free to contacts us for a free consultation.